Non IIT Institutes
coz BITS has a better brand n market value then LNMIIT
and placement wise BITS GOA will be better coz of its BRAND value
GO FOR IT
BEST OF LUCK
hope this will help u out
hey dude u gettin BITS-G CS and thinking of not joining!!!! People leave top NITs for BITS-G, ill give u some points
1. Brand is unmatched by any but IIT
2. Better opportunities for higher studies--- ill give u the link
3. Better placements.
4. Better exposure
Agreed the cs faculty is not exceptional but is enough to fulfill ur needs
My advice -- GO GOA!
but u check out the lnmiit faculty
its like diamonds in a coal mine
and faculty@ BITS GOA is not that bad
but its upto u
BEST OF LUCK
well after coming to a college ull realize that the programming clubs, competitions and exposure matter more than ur faculty --- the thing is u spend just 3-4 hours with the faculty in a class room but 24 hours (exclude sleeping hours) with your peer group--which wud definitely be better at BITS.
there are code jams or sumthing almost every sunday and BITSnbytes where seniors give u lessons on java, c++,etc are much more mind opening
dude i think ur a newbie(ok i dont have many posts myself but i used to look around these forums without becoming a member in 2k7) --- ive seen many BIZZARE topics (no offence to anyone) eg
1.NSIT vs VIT
2.BITSP civil vs Manipal civil
3.What is DCE?
1) the institute doesnt take part in form 2 of aieee counselling. all the admissions are based on form 1. no other ways to get admission into the institute.
2) we have permanent faculty here who worked previously wid iitk mostly. if u ppl argue they are here only for money.. i cant say anything but they r mostly retired faculty... and the institute is not perfectly private... its a joint ventutr by usha mittal foundation and rajasthan govt.
we do have visiting faculty from iits.. but for few courses only.
3) dr. Dheeraj sanghi ( who worked as professor in cse at iitk...mind u hes not a retired 1....and the designated director of lnmiit) in his personal website has written articles regarding how to select institutes. this is very useful for students attending counsellings this year. he himself stated that lnmiit is one of the best options for careers in IT. he placed lnmiit at par wid bits, iiith, daiict,etc
well i recommend u ppl 2 go through that.
4) ill say lnmiit is not certainly as popular as bits or other institutes.. but its still a novice institution. but im sure..... its noways less than any reputed institution in india in any possible sphere.
5) just as an example to the exposure and opportunities we get....
one third of the present third year batch has gone abroad for projects and interns in foreign universities... well its no a less issue....
i guess this message will remove the misconceptions regardind lnmiit.....
No comparison. BITS Goa
No comparison. BITS Goa
i dont really guide u to any institute but tell u what we actually have at lnmiit.
as ive seen in a few replies.. people said its not only the faculty for an institute... yea its absolutely... but who for the gods sake has told lnmiit has nothing other than faculty????
we do have ample scope for all cultural, sports activities. we have all sorts of clubs..committees...
and as some 1 has stated at bpgc they have seniors training in different aspects.. well we do have them... we have seniors training us in java....
as a latest information...... i came to know it 2day..
lnmiit was recommended by the dean of the nit-warangal.. next to the 3 top nits and the iiith. he himself has told to a person who has taken admission in cse in lnmiit. that student with no other thought is ready to come 2 lnmiit.... he himself stated dat lnmiit is da next best iiit in india after iiith.... but the only problem is popularity....
let me be clear.. in any private institution thers no derth in extra activities.. but v have been emphasising on faculty because thats one of the best parts of the college but thats not only it.. we have many more things dude...
you go to the first link visible. read the articles he has written regarding admissions into different institutes in india.
by the way Dr.Dheeraj Sanghi worked as a professor of cse in iitk and he has come as a new director of lnmiit.
u kno he himself stated that outside the iit system, to pursue IT, its better go to institutes like iiith, bits pilani, lnmiit, daiict, anna university and pec. well this proves the standard of education we have....
I dont want to start another debating session here
Look BITS-G shares the same PS system,cirriculam as pilani and faculty is transferred between the campus's
so if the BITS authorities feel that we have a shortage of faculty in CS they can get better faculty from pilani(no need of worry)
moreover its BITS pilani-Goa campus so u pass out with degree from BITS pilani university just like the pilani guys and in the future the hyderabad guys.
Two places where BITS-G as a big edge over LNMIIT is
a. The brand name you get being a bitsian
b. The student quality (many people leave top 3 nits for goa, i left NIT-T EEE for a lower course at goa)
and both the colleges being the same age BITS as grown more rapidly than lnmiit to reach where it is today
Preparing for JEE?
Kickstart your preparation with new improved study material - Books & Online Test Series for JEE 2014/ 2015
@ INR 4,950/-
For Quick Info
Find Posts by Topics