JEE Main & Advanced
Look out here comes the Spider-Man. Friends I saw the new trailer of Spider-Man-3. My god that was awesome. So here is My sequel????.. of cure ur inorganic phobia Cure your inorganic phobia-3
1. Members of nitrogen family are also called PNICOGENS (I dnt know why, I searched a lot, If someone knows please tell me). And their compounds are known as PNICTIDES. 2. N, P, As, Sb, and Bi are five elements belonging to this group. Their general elec. configuration is ns2 np3. 3. 80 ml. N2 is present in 100ml of air inhaled. 4. Large amount of N2 (about 78%) is found in atmosphere. 5. N2O is used in refrigeration. 6. NO is formed during lightening in the atmosphere, which reacts with oxygen to form NO2. 7. Mixture of CaCN2 and C is called nitrolim, which is used as a fertilizer. 8. [Na(NH4)HPO4].4H2O is known as microcosmic salt, which gives ammonia on heating. 9. Fe metal becomes unreactive in conc. nitric acid. 10. Nitrogen is neutral and paramagnetic. 11. Nitrous oxide is soluble in alcohol. 12. (NH4)2CO3 is used as inhaling salt. 13. Nitrogen is least reactive in its family, because there is a triple bond between two atoms in its molecule. 14. Black P is good conductor of electricity. 15. White P is most reactive allotrope of P. 16. Phosphorous is most reactive in this group. Therefore, it is kept in water. 17. Red phosphorous is used in inflammable matchsticks. 18. White phosphorous is used as a rat poison. 19. Sodium hexametaphosphate is called calgon. 20. Ca3P2 is used in smoke screen. 21. Peroxy bond is present in pyrophosphoric acid. 22. Fossy jaw disease is produced due to continuous contact with white P. 23. Oxidation state +5 is not found in Bi due to inert pair effect. 24. Due to oxidation of white phosphorous present in calcium phosphate, bones and teeth shine in dark. 25. Phosphoric acid is obtained on heating bone ash with dilute sulphuric acid. 26. Density of red phosphorous is more than that of white phosphorous. 27. White phosphorous is soluble in carbon dioxide as well as carbon tetra chloride, whereas red phosphorous is insoluble. 28. In bones and teeth, 58% phosphorous is found in the form of calcium phosphate. 29. Ca(HPO4)2.H2O + 2CaSO4.2H2O is super phosphate of lime. 30. On increasing the number of the central atom the nature of acid gets changed from reductant to oxidant. 31. All elements of this group form hydrides of MH3 type. The shape of these hydrides is pyramidal. Their stability, bond angle, basic character and solubility decrease from N to Bi. 32. Antidote of arsenic is Fe(OH3). 33. Due to high vaporization energy, the liquefied NH3 is used as a refrigerant. 34. NO and NO2 are paramagnetic in nature. But N2O4 a dimer of NO2 is diamagnetic because in it unpaired electron of both NO2 molecules form a bond. 35. Main oxy acids of nitrogen are hyponitrous acid (HNO), nitrous acid (HNO2), nitric acid (HNO3) and pernitric acid (HNO4). 36. Calcium oxide (CaO) is used in absorption of NH3. 37. Ammonium nitrate (NH4NO3) is an explosive fertilizer. There is no reaction of Al with HNO3.
38. Non-metallic property decreases from N to Bi.
39. Among the oxy acids of P H3PO4 is strongest oxidant.
40. Geometry of P4, As4 and Sb4 is tetrahedral and bond angle is about 600.
41. N2 is diatomic whereas P, As, and Sb are tetratomic. Bi is monoatomic.
42. All these elements form oxides of the type M2O3 and M2O5.
43. KCN is most poisonous compound of nitrogen.
44. PH3 (phosphine) forms ring in contact with air.
45. A bottle containing liquefied ammonia is cooled before opening because its vapour pressure is high.
46. In white P discrete P4 molecules are present, whereas red P is polymeric, which is formed by chains of P4 units. 47. Aluminium container is suitable for keeping HNO3, because a thin resistant layer of unreactive oxide is formed on the surface of Al and therefore it does not react with HNO3.
48. Nitrous oxide is more helpful in combustion process as compared to air because the volume of oxygen in air is 20% whereas in N2O it is 33.3%.
49. H2SO4, P4O10, and CaCl2 can be used as dehydrating agent for drying NH3 because they all react with NH3.
50. Mg burns continuously in presence of nitric oxide because high amount of energy is liberated in the burning of Mg, which decomposes NO to O2 & N2. O2 is helpful in burning of Mg.
51. Urea is regarded as a good fertilizer as compared to ammonium sulphate because (NH4)2SO4 gives H2SO4 on hydrolysis which makes the soil acidic. Whereas CO2 and NH3 are formed on hydrolysis of urea. NH3 is used as the source of nitrogen to by plants and CO2 goes in the atmosphere, and thus the soil remains normal.
52. PCl5 is a solid in ionic state and is found in the form of [PCl4]+ [PCl6]-. This is the reason why electric current passes through PCl5 in fused state.
53. Formation of PI5 is not possible, because covalent bond is not formed by overlapping between orbitals of P and I.
Friends you can imagine the work of typing these 53 points. So please don?t forget to write a line of comment if you like this.
You can use this link to see new spidy-3 trailors. And if anybody is having some aieee model papers please send to me at-