Army Institute of Technology, Pune
Army Institute of Technology, Pune
Army Institute of Technology, Pune invites application to admission for the year 2011-2012 for the FE Courses commencing in July/August.AIT admission is based on the merit of All India Engineering Entrance Exam (AIEEE). All applicants are therefore required to appear in AIEEE and also apply to AIT.
AIT Application Form will be open for sale from : End of of Dec 2010
Last date for submission of completed Application Form : 15 May 2011
Last date of admission along with a late fee of Rs 500 : 25 May 2011
Date of All India Engineering Entrance Exam (AIEEE) : 01 May 2011
The eligibility criteria for admission to AIT is given in detail in the Prospectus which is available in December every year. Brief outline is as below :-
1. Candidate must be a ward of one of the following :-
(i) Serving Army Persons.
(ii) Serving medical officers of IN and IAF who have served in the Army for more than 10 yrs and are members of AOBF.
(iii) Retired Army pers who in receipt of regular pension, or former Army pers who retired after min service of 10 yrs.
(iv) Former Army pers who died during service/after retirement and family pension is granted.
(v) TA pers who have completed 10 yrs of embodied service.
(vi) DSC pers who are serving or retired with pension.
2. War widow (in receipt of liberalized pension) and children in receipt of family pension (due to death of both parents) are also eligible.
3. Details of eligibility of adopted/step children are as in the prospectus.
4. Should have passed, or appeared for 10+2 exam, at the time of applying for admission to AIT. Minimum acceptable mark in PCM are 50%.
5. Age of the candidate must be between 16 to 21 years on 01 Jul 2011.
6. Must be an Indian citizen, or a PIO who obtains Indian citizenship before admission.
AIEEE Application Form
Candidate can apply for AIEEE 2011 either on the prescribed Application Form or make application 'Online'. Address for obtaining/sending complete Application Form and clarification, if any is as under :-
Assistant Secretary (AIEEE)
Central Board of Secondary Education
PS 1-2, Institutional Area, IP Extension
Patparganj, Delhi - 110 092
Tel: 91-11-22239177-80 Extn 110,151 &157
AIEEE website http://www.aieee.nic.in
AIT Application Form
AIEEE Application Form should be filled before AIT Application Form. The AIEEE Roll No must be endorsed on the AIT Application Form before submitting it to AIT. Failure to do so would result in rendering the AIT Application Form null and void.
Prospectus and Application Form can be obtained by hand or by post from AIT as well as from HQ Commands and Army HQ (AWES Branch). The Prospectus can also be downloaded from the institute website.
Cost of Prospectus and Application form is as follows:-
1. By Post :- Rs 660/- through bank Demand Draft drawn in favour of Director, AIT payable at Pune.
2. By Hand :- Rs 600/- through bank Demand Draft drawn in favour of Director, AIT payable at Pune.
3. Down-loaded Forms:- Down-loaded Application Form should be accompanied with a bank Demand Draft for Rs 600/- drawn in favour of Director, AIT payable at Pune. The details of Bank Draft should be mentioned clearly in the Application Form.
Counseling at AIT, Pune, will be after one month from the date of declaration of AIEEE Results. Dates of counseling will be hosted on the AIT website
Address : Army Institute of Technology,
Dighi Hills, Pune411015
Phone : 020-27157534, 27157612
Fax : 020-27157534
E-mail : Contact I
Website : www.aitpune.com