MHTCET Exam Notification 2012
MHTCET Exam Notification 2012
Govt. of Maharashtra shall conduct a single Combined “Common Entrance Test” MHT-CET-2012 for all Health Sciences, Engineering and Pharmacy degree courses for the academic year 2012-2013. The Entrance Test will be held on Thursday, 10th May 2012. Govt. of Maharashtra has appointed Director, Medical Education and Research, Mumbai as “The Competent Authority for the MHT-CET-2012”. The merit list of the above said examination will be utilized for admission in:
1) Govt./Municipal Corp./ Govt. Aided Colleges and Unaided Private Colleges (who have given consent to participate in MHT-CET-2012) of Health Sciences degree courses.
2) Govt. / Govt. Aided/University Managed Colleges / University Departments / Autonomous Colleges including ICT, Mumbai and Unaided Private Colleges (who have given consent to participate in MHT-CET-2012) of Engineering & Pharmacy degree courses
3) BVSc & AH degree course.
For selection process there will be separate Competent Authorities. For selection to Health Science degree courses, The Director, Medical Education and Research (DMER), Mumbai is the Competent Authority. For selection to Engineering and Pharmacy Degree Courses, The Director, Technical Education (DTE), Mumbai will be the Competent Authority. The Authority for selection to BVSc & AH degree course is The Registrar, Maharashtra Animal and Fisheries Science University, Nagpur.
The qualifying Examination for appearing at MHT-CET-2012 is HSC (12th Std.) or equivalent examination with the conditions for eligibility as defined in the respective brochure(s). Maharashtra State candidates appearing for HSC (12th Std.) or equivalent examination or who have passed their qualifying examination earlier i.e. 2011 or before and desire to appear for the MHT- CET 2012 will receive their application form from their respective Jr. College / School ( from where they have passed / appearing qualifying examination). A single Application form and three Brochures (Health Science, Engineering and Pharmacy) will be made available from 19/03/2012. The schedule and place of receiving and submission of Application Form is as per following table:
Sale of Application Form with information brochures and submission of Application Form:
All the three brochures (Health Science, Engineering & Pharmacy) are available on the websites of DMER (www.dmer.org) and DTE (www.dte.org.in). Aspiring candidates should go through the eligibility criteria as per the respective MHT-CET-2012 brochures, before purchasing the application form. The cost of the Application Form along with the three information brochures of MHT-CET-2012 including Examination fee is Rs.700/- for open category and all Outside Maharashtra candidates and Rs.500/- for reserve category candidates (belonging to Maharashtra State Only). This amount is not refundable.
The candidates from Outside Maharashtra (OMS) can purchase application form and Information brochure(s) of MHT-CET 2012 from any Divisional Authority office as mentioned in Annexure-A by submitting Demand Draft of Rs. 700/- drawn in favor of "Competent Authority, MH-CET, Mumbai" payable at Mumbai, drawn on any Scheduled Commercial Bank. All candidates who for any reason whatsoever are not able to receive Application Forms through the School/ Jr. College should collect it from office of Divisional Authority of his/her area (by giving a Demand draft as detailed above), but he/she has to submit it through his/her School/Junior College (college where he/she studied 12th Std).
Important Note only for Engineering & Pharmacy Degree courses
1. Outside Maharashtra State (OMS) candidates are permitted to appear for the MHT-CET 2012 in order to become eligible for admission to first year of:
• Four year full time Degree courses in Engineering/Technology in *Unaided Private Institutes who have given consent to participate in MHT-CET 2012.
• Four year full time Degree course in Pharmacy in Unaided Private Institutes who have given consent to participate in MHT-CET 2012.
i) *Eligible OMS candidates who are appearing for MHT-CET-2012 and seeking admission to Engineering Degree courses shall be considered eligible for admission against the institute level seats only in Unaided Private Colleges.
ii) Eligible OMS candidates who are appearing for MHT-CET-2012 and seeking admission to Pharmacy Degree course shall be considered eligible for admission to 15% CAP Seats during the Centralized Admission Process (CAP) rounds I & II. Such candidates can also apply for admission against the institute level seats in Unaided Private Colleges.
2. Following type of candidates are exempted from appearing for MHT-CET-2012 examination for admission to Engineering/Technology courses:
i) Foreign National / Foreign student/Person of Indian Origin (PIO)/Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries/ Children of NRI
ii) Government of India Nominees
iii) Jammu & Kashmir migrant candidates
3. Following type of candidates are exempted from appearing for MHT-CET-2012 examination for admission to Pharmacy course:
Foreign National/Foreign student/PIO/Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries/Children of NRI. G.O.I. Nominees and Jammu & Kashmir Migrant Candidates are exempted from appearing for the MHT-CET-2012 conducted by the Competent Authority of Govt. of Maharashtra, subject to the approval from the Ministry of Human Resource Development, New Delhi, for filling of the seats over & above the sanctioned intake. However, if the approval is not received before 30/6/2012, these candidates will be treated at par with OMS candidates and hence they are advised to appear for MHT-CET-2012.
4. Candidates who are eligible to apply against the provision of Jammu & Kashmir Migrant candidate as well as the Maharashtra State candidate are entitled to claim only one type of seat i.e. either Maharashtra State seat or J & K
Migrant seat for admission to Engineering/ Technology/Pharmacy Degree Courses. Further if the candidate opts for Maharashtra State candidature then he/she has to appear for the MHT-CET 2012.
5. SC, VJ/DT (NT(A)), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC and SBC category candidates belonging to Maharashtra State should produce “Caste Validity Certificate” issued by Scrutiny Committee of Social Welfare Department and the Candidate belonging to ST category should submit “Tribe Validity Certificate” issued by Scrutiny Committee of Tribal Department at the time of submission of CAP application form for the Admission.
6. Separate Notification regarding the schedule of Admission process will be issued by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra State, Mumbai, in the month of May/June 2012 for Maharashtra state/AIEEE 2012 qualified/Foreign National/Foreign student/PIO/Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries /Children of NRI and J & K Migrant Candidates seeking admission to Engineering/Technology Degree courses.
7. For further details please refer MHT-CET-2012 Engineering/Technology & Pharmacy Brochure.
For details, please visit http://www.dmer.org/Notification_No.2_sale%20brochure12.pdf
|Take a Free Test|
|Scholarship offer: Score above 85% in any of the Free test and get 10% discount on 1 year Test Series|
Preparing for JEE?
Kickstart your preparation with new improved study material - Books & Online Test Series for JEE 2014/ 2015
@ INR 5,443/-
For Quick Info