Mumbai University - B.Tech Mechanical Lateral Entry Admi


8

Feb'11
8 Feb 2011 15:11:22 IST ,
0 people liked this

0

3075

View Post

Mumbai University - B.Tech Mechanical Lateral Entry Admission 2011

Aspirants who have diploma in Engineering and desire to do B.Tech in Mechanical are given an option to join directly to the second year of B.Tech or BE program. This opportunity available in the engineering colleges affiliated to Mumbai University. As to get admissions, candidates have to appear and qualify in the State Level Entrance Exam. The admissions shall be done according to the rules and condition of the University of Mumbai.

Eligibility for B.Tech Mechanical Lateral Entry in Mumbai University

Candidates who have secured 60 percent or more in Diploma in engineering from the State Board of Technical Education or any other acknowledged institution are considered eligible to apply for the B.Tech program under the lateral entry scheme. In addition to this, a concession is available for students who belong to the economically backward categories whose family income does not cross Rs.4.5 lakh per annum. These candidates could do with 55 percent marks in their final exams. For students of the backward community, a pass in diploma will suffice. Those candidates who are going to appear for the final year exams are also qualified to submit an application for State Level Entrance Exam.

Reservation for Lateral Entry in Mumbai University

There are quite a lot of engineering colleges that comes under the aegis of the University of Mumbai, which offers admission under the lateral entry system.

* Of the total approved seats for Engineering in the colleges, almost 1/6th of the seats is available for the students of the lateral entry section
* From the total number of seats in the lateral entry section, almost 85% are prearranged as Government merit seats and the rest 15% is for the management quota
* A reservation of 40 % is available for students of the OBC, PWD, SC/ST and SEBC categories

Applying for B.Tech Mechanical Lateral Entry in Mumbai University

Candidates can obtain the applications from the University of Mumbai or any other institutions that take in students via the lateral entry scheme. A separate entrance exam will be conducted for the students of lateral entry. The exam that is carried out for the admission of such students will be at the State level. The candidates will be given 2 hours to complete their exam. The test will comprise questions from topics such as Physics, Arithmetic and Chemistry of the standard 11 and 12 of the State, ICSE as well as CBSE board syllabus.

Advantages for Lateral Entry Students in B.Tech Mechanical


The main plus point which the students of the lateral entry scheme enjoys is that, they don’t have to go through the initial year of the degree course. This is because; diploma holders will already learn the fundamentals of Mechanical engineering in the course. Because they are joining in the Second year directly, the candidates will be able to save a year. With the help of Lateral Entry Scheme, Diploma holders can avail a better chance of higher education at the least amount of expenditure from a reputed college. They will also get an advantage of getting good jobs after completing B.Tech Mechanical. In addition to this, those candidates who had come after the diploma program will find that the lab exams much easier as they have prior knowledge in doing experiments during their diploma course.


Share this news on:
Free Sign Up!
Sponsored Ads

Preparing for JEE?

Kickstart your preparation with new improved study material - Books & Online Test Series for JEE 2014/ 2015


@ INR 5,443/-

For Quick Info

Name

Mobile

E-mail

City

Class

Event Calendar

Related Notification