NATA 2012 Exam Notification
NATA 2012 Exam Notification
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is being conducted by the Council of Architecture, being the competent & final authority for the purpose of fixing norms and standards for architectural institutions and having the necessary expertise to hold a Common Aptitude Test in Architecture, at national level to provide a single window system for appearing in aptitude test and to facilitate institutions, students and public at large for admission to First year of 5 year B.Arch Degree Course at all recognized Institutions all over country.
Any person having passed SSC (Std X) or equivalent examination can appear for NATA, however, candidates having 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with mathematics as one of the subject, only are eligible for admission to B.Arch.Course.
Prospective applicants desirous of taking admission to First year of undergraduate course in Architecture (Bachelor of Architecture) in India take NATA. NATA scores are used by admissions authorities of different Government, Govt. Aided & unaided schools / colleges of Architecture, to provide common measure for comparing the qualifications of applicants, for admission in addition to their scholastic performance in 10+2 or equivalent examination.
WHERE TO APPEAR FOR NATA?
NATA is offered over major part of admission season at designated Test Centers located at colleges / schools of architecture in India. Updated list of Test centers is available at the website http://www.nata.in
The NATA Information Brochure (including Registration Form) is available for sale at a price of Rs.1000.00, which includes Nata Test fees, at the designated branches of "Axis Bank" given in the brochure.
REGISTER FOR THE NATA
The Registration Form duly filled in should be submitted to test center where you wish to take the test and seek registration and appointment.
Appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Register well in advance to get the candidate's preferred test date.
Approach the Test Center located at college / school of Architecture at a location convenient
to the candidate with the filled up form and the documents listed below.
Documents required for Registration
- Std. X or equivalent exam marklist - attested copy
- One recent passport size colour photograph, to be pasted on the registration form.
- Any valid document of identification bearing photograph and signature of the candidate - attested copy
- Valid email address. (In case you do not possess one, we suggest you to open email account on one of the free service providers such as yahoo, hotmail, rediffmail, gmail, etc. PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL YOUR PASSWORD TO ANY ONE.)
Important Things to Remember When Registering
- Register well in advance. During the peak admission season Test Centers fill up quickly.
- Take the test as soon as possible to ensure that the candidate's score card / Mark list will be ready in time to be submitted at the time of applying for admission.
- When registering, be sure that the spelling of the candidate's name matches the name printed on the identification document(s) the candidate will present at the Test Center. If this information does not match, the candidate will not be permitted to appear in test and his / her test fee will be forfeited. See Identification Requirements (11).
- Information regarding Test Center availability is subject to change. The most current information regarding Test Centers and other registration information is available on the NATA website (http://www.nata.in).
Nata Test shall commence from 15th March, 2012 and can be given on any working day till 31st August, 2012 at designated Test Centers. However, some test centers may open late or stop conducting tests even before this date. Please check with the center before you go for registration.
Appointments are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis. To register, contact the appropriate Test Center. REGISTER WELL IN ADVANCE TO GET PREFERRED TEST DATE.
APPLYING TO INSTITUTIONS FOR ADMISSION
As per Council of Architecture regulations, a candidate applying to any school / college of architecture in India should have 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent examination with mathematics as one of the subject and have achieved 40% score in NATA, i.e. at least 80/200, for consideration of admission into first year of 5-year B.Arch. Degree Course.
For details, please visit http://www.nata.in/www/default.aspx