MHT CET Eligibility Criteria
Engineering Entrance , MHTCET (Engg)
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET) Eligibility Criteria:
MHT CET is one of the most popular entrance examinations for aspiring technocrats, who are aiming to study in the engineering colleges of Maharashtra.. Apart from the candidates from Maharashtra, aspirants outside this state are also welcome to appear for the examination. In order to do so, they are required to fulfill certain criterion.
Crucial Points for Non Maharashtra Candidates:
Candidates wishing to sit for the MHT CET examination, must go through MHT CET exam points to ponder to make chances higher for your selection to take admission in the unaided private institutes participating in MHT-CET for four year full time degree courses in Engineering/Technology and also in four year full time Degree course in Pharmacy in the unaided private institutes offering this course.
Basic Eligibility Criteria in Maharashtra CET :
- Candidate should be an Indian national.
- He is required to pass /appear the H. Sc (10+2 Std.) examination of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
- Any other examination of its equivalent standard with subject combination English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Candidate should be an Indian National and should have passed 12th class examination of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent exams with minimum 50% marks and in case of candidates of Backward categories (only for Maharashtra State) with minimum of 45% marks and Candidate should have a positive AIEEE Score.
- Completed State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with subjects English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Note for Appeared Candidates:
If you have appeared for the 10+2 standard examination or any other equivalent examination of its standard, but the results have not been declared yet, you need not to worry, because being an appearing candidate you become completely eligible to appear for the MHT CET entrance examination. If you are an OMS or Outside Maharashtra State candidate, then you are not permitted to sit for the Centralized Admission Process on the basis of score in MHT CET. After completion of Centralized Admission Process, you can apply for admission according to the available vacancy in the Unaided Private Engineering Colleges/Institutes on the basis of score in MHT CET.
In this context one crucial point needs to be mentioned that the Constitutional Reservation facility will not be available for the OMS candidates they will be treated as open/general category.
Eligibility criteria for Maharashtra State Candidate & Outside Maharashtra Candidate for admission to first year of degree courses in Engineering/Technology:
- Candidate should be an Indian.
- He should have passed the H. Sc (10+2 Std.) examination of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with subjects English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Candidate has to secure minimum 50% marks i.e. not less than 150 marks out of 300 marks (minimum 45% marks i.e. not less than 135 marks out of 300 marks in case of candidates of Backward class categories belonging only to Maharashtra State) in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics added together.
- The candidate has to secure a non zero score in subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics added together in MHT CET syllabus.
Eligibility Criteria for specialized branches of Engineering:
- Admission to Bio- Medical Engineering course:
Candidate should have passed in the subject of Biology in the qualifying examination in addition to the above eligibility criteria’s.
- Admission to Bio-Technology Engineering course:
Candidate should have passed in the subject of Biology or Biotechnology in the qualifying examination in addition to the above eligibility criteria’s
- Admission to Mining Engineering course:
Female candidates are not eligible for Mining Engineering course.
- Admission to Marine Engineering Course
Candidates aspiring to take Marine Engineering Course should directly contact the Principal of the college for eligibility criteria.
Eligibility criteria of Candidates who have Diploma and seeking admission to First Year of Engineering or Technology in Unaided Institutes:
Diploma holders who have passed the Diploma course in Engineering or Technology with minimum of 50% marks and medium as English from the Polytechnics affiliated to MSBTE or AICTE approved Polytechnics in Maharashtra State ( for Maharashtra State Candidates) or such polytechnics situate inside/outside the State of Maharashtra ( for Outside Maharashtra State Candidates).
Eligibility Criteria for All India (Paper-I of AIEEE qualified) candidates from Maharashtra & Outside Maharashtra Candidates:
If you are an engineering exam AIEEE pattern qualified candidate and interested to sit for the MHT CET examination then follow the above mentioned guidelines, because criteria requirement for both the sections is same.
Eligibility criteria for GOI nominees and J & K Migrant:
They are not required to appear for the MHT-CET or AIEEE.
Eligibility criteria for MKB candidates:
In addition to the above basic eligibility criterion the candidate should have a non-zero score in MHT-CET and should belong to the Maharashtra Karnataka Disputed Border Area with the below requirements fulfilled:
- Candidates should belong to villages or town from the Maharashtra Karnataka disputed
border areas where Maharashtra puts its claim.
- The candidate should produce the certificate of domicile of Karnataka in the disputed border area.
- The candidate must produce a certificate from the principal of the school stating that the candidate has passed SSC or HSC (or equivalent) Examination from that school in the disputed border area.
- Candidate should have passed SSC or HSC (or equivalent) Examination with Marathi as one of
Eligibility criteria for Candidates who are sons or daughters of Defence service personnel:
Candidates who have appeared and obtained a non zero score in the MHT-CET and are satisfying any one of the following criteria:
- Candidate is a son or daughter of ex-service or active service personnel who is domiciled in Maharashtra State. (For Active service personnel need not to present any domicile)
- Who is transferred to Maharashtra and has no domicile in Maharashtra State
- Who is not domiciled in Maharashtra State but the family is stationed in Maharashtra
Eligibility criteria for Candidates who are physically handicapped:
In addition to the basic eligibility criteria, candidate who has obtained a non zero score in the MHT-CET and is suffering from any one of the following permanent disability is eligible to seek admission [only Maharashtra State candidates are eligible to apply]
- Candidate who is visually impaired (blind) candidate
- Candidate who is speech & hearing impaired (deaf & dumb) candidate
- iii.)Candidate who is with orthopaedic disorders, learning disabilities, Dyslexia, Dyscalculia, Dysgraphica, Spastic
Eligibility Criteria for Foreign National/Foreign student/ PIO/Children of Indian workers in the Gulf countries/Children of NRI:
- Candidate should have passed the H. Sc (10+2 Std.) examination of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with subjects English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- The candidate also needs to secure minimum 50% marks i.e. not less than 150 marks out of 300 marks in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics added together.
- Its is not required to appear for the MHT-CET or AIEEE.
Important Factors for the NRI Candidates:
If you are an NRI candidate, then you are eligible to apply for admission in Unaided Private Engineering Colleges/Institutes. For the NRI candidates there is only 15% scheduled intake capacity.
The eligibility of the candidates will be verified by the respective University Authorities before permitting them to take admission to the Engineering courses in the State of Maharashtra.
Eligibility Criteria for GOI Nominees:
- The Candidate should be an Indian National
- He must have passed the H. Sc (10+2 Std.) examination of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with subjects English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- The candidate is required to secure minimum 50% marks i.e. not less than 150 marks out of 300 marks (minimum 45% marks i.e. not less than 135 marks out of 300 marks in case of candidates of Backward class categories) in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics added together.
Important Notes for Outside Maharastra Candidates:
- Eligible candidates outside Maharastra students appearing in the MHT-CET shall be considered in unaided private colleges.
- Only following types of students are exempted from appearing in MHT-CET and seek admission,they are- a.) Jammu & Kashmeer, b.) Government of Indian nominees, c.) Children of NRI/ foreign students/ Foreign Mational/ Person of indian origin of indian workers in gulf countries.
Note: G.O.I. Nominees and Jammu & Kashmir Migrant Candidates are exempted from appearing for the MHT-CET conducted by the Competent Authority of Govt, of Maharashtra, subject to the approval from the Ministry of Human Resource Development, New Delhi, for filling of the seats over & above the sanctioned intake. However, if the approval is not received before 30/6/2010.
Candidates which will be treated as part with OMS candidates and hence they are advised to appear for MHT CET:
Candidates who are eligible to apply against the provision of Jammu & Kashmir Migrant candidate as well as the Maharashtra State candidate are entitled to claim only one type of seat i.e. either Maharashtra State seat or J & K Migrant seat for admission to Engineering/ Technology Courses. Further if the candidate opts for Maharashtra State candidature then he/she has to appear for the MHT-CET.
Other Important Links
About MHT CET Exam
Exam Pattern MHTCET
MHT CET Contact Details
MHT CET Points to Ponder
MHTCET Affiliated Colleges-1
Colleges List2 MHT CET
MHT CET Syllabus
MHT CET Results
MHT CET Counselling
MHT CET Cut Off
- AMU EEE
- Amrita EEE
- Assam JAT
- Bharath University
- Bharati Vidyapeeth EEE
- Engg Streams
- DCE CEE
- Goa CET
- GUJARAT CET
- IP University
- HP CPET
- IIIT PGEEE
- IIT Bhubaneswar
- IIT Bhubaneswar
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Gandhinagar
- IIT Gandhinagar
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Patna
- IIT Punjab
- IIT Rajasthan
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT JEE
- Jamia Univ Entrance
- JNU EEE
- JEE Advanced
- JEE Main
- Karnataka CET
- MHT CET
- Manipal UGET
- Naval College
- Orissa JEE
- Punjab CET
- Rajasthan PET
- SMIT UGET
- SRM University
- UPSC Engg Services Exam
- UPSC IES
- UPSC IES
- VMRF EEE
- VMRF EEE